Arx Fatalis mods
This page lists Arx Fatalis mods - game modifications made by Arx Fatalis community.
Source ports and reimplementations
- Arx Libertatis - the main subject of this wiki (ModDB page)
- Other projects based on the AF source code
- Arx Fatalis UE4 Remastered (WIP)
- Arx - End Of Sun (uses the Doom 3 engine) (archived, ModDB page)
- Arx Catalyst
- Arx Fatalis Polish Textarx_fatails_pl.rar764 KiB
- Arx Fatalis Turkish TextArx Fatalis Türkçe Yama + Rehber.rar13.9 MiB
- Arx Fatalis Korean TextArx Fatalis Korean Patch v0.5.rar544 KiB
This section lists mods that have extended changes to both gameplay and graphics.
Description: "ARX INSANITY is a remaster and immersive sim mod for Arx Fatalis. Improved gameplay, remastered and detailed HD graphics, enhanced lighting, expanded lore, quests, remastered soundtrack, original music, overhauled sounds, environmental effects and thousands of total changes. Adding new elements inspired by Arkane games and style, you can play with a variety of new approaches and choices."
- Arx Insanity Demo v0.4.71Arx_Insanity_Demo_v0.4.71_Complete.rar1.5 GiB
- Arx Insanity Demo v0.4.71 (Patch Only)Arx_Insanity_Demo_v0.4.71_Patch_Only.rar108.4 MiB
This section lists mods that add additional levels, quests, NPCs and/or creatures.
Description: "If you're not careful and no-clip out of reality in wrong areas, you'll end up in the Backrooms, where it's nothing but the stink of moist carpet, the madness of mono-yellow, and endless background noise of fluorescent lights at maximum hum-buzz, and approximately six hundred million square miles of randomly segmented empty rooms to be trapped in. God save you if you hear something wandering around nearby, because it sure as hell has heard you…"
- The Backrooms - version 1.0the-backrooms-v1.0.zip4.8 MiB
This section lists gameplay modifications for Arx Fatalis and/or Arx Libertatis.
Arx Better Balance Mod
- Arx Better Balance Mod v1.0123_Arx_Better_Bala.zip10.2 MiB
Description: "The long term objective of this mod is to make the game a little less linear and add enough features to increase its replayability value. So far, there's only a number of NPCs affected but a lot of item related stuff in this mod. Eventually, most of Arx will be affected by this mod."
- Arx Extended Mod 2.3.5AFE235.rar9.0 MiB
- Italian and German localization files for Arx Extended ModAFEtranslations.rar220 KiB
Description: "I started this mod as improving of game balance, but it also contains graphical improvements, new weapons, new weapon crafting and other interesting things. It's not final version - it's still beta. In general, this mod makes game more interesting and little more difficult." - see link for details.
Instruction for installation and description of known bugs are in the readme file (which is in the archive).
- Arx - Second Life Mod 1.2.1Arx_Second_Life_v1.2.1.zip13.7 MiB
Description: This mod will add many new enchantments and rebalance Stealth and Casting penalites on weapons and armor.
- Arx Enchant and Balance ModEnchant_and_Balance_Mod_V1.zip2.2 MiB
Description: With this mod you can go to another level by simply "walking" through the stairs, without having to click on the "change level" icon.
- Instant Level Change ModArx_Fatalis_Instant_Level_Change_Mod_v3.zip59.0 KiB
Description: With this mod you can combine lockpicks with different values (durability) and create a new lockpick with the durability equal to the sum of the values from the other lockpicks (up to a maximum of 25). Examples:
- 2 sets, one with 4 durability and one with 5 durability will result in a new 9 durability set
- 3 sets, two with 10 durability and one with 4 durability will result in a new 24 durability set
- 2 sets, one with 15 durability and one with 20 durability will result in a new 25 durability set and another one with 10 durability
To do this you just need to double-click one lockpick and then click on the other lockpick.
- Lockpick ModArx_Fatalis_Lockipick_Mod.zip2.4 KiB
Description: "Adds various portable containers in the game. Like any other containers, they can be used to store stuff."
- Portable Containers v1portable_containers_v1.zip744 KiB
Description: "A feature already in the files, this mod makes it possible to get poison from Spiders. I just made some changes and reactivated this feature. Not compatible with Arx Extended Mod."
- Spider Poison ModSpiderPoisonMod.rar6.1 KiB
This section lists non-gameplay modifications for Arx Fatalis and/or Arx Libertatis.
Description: "Arx Neuralis — HD texture pack for Arx Fatalis. All textures are original, so the atmosphere is preserved, upscaled to 16x resolution with neural networks, and then downscaled to 50%. All textures are upscaled, except for FX(magic, fire, etc, problems with transparency) and some interface elements(problems with scaling)."
- Arx Neuralis 0.9Arx_Neuralis_0.9.zip4.5 GiB
Description: "Turns off the pre-calculated lighting for the levels turning it completely dark where there are no light sources. Compatible with other mods! The mod now has 2 versions: one where torches are still lit and one where torches are turned off. Pick whichever you fancy!"
- Torches will not be turned off, if you reload a savefile and revisit a location, that you have already visited
- Entities will still glow a bit, but it's hardcoded into the game, that can't be changed
- Arx Fatalis Complete Darkness v1.3.0arx-fatalis-complete-darkness-v1.3.0.zip44.9 MiB
Nude Skins by Denadin
Description: "All Female characters nude and topless Lady Snake."
- Nude Skins by DenadinArxFatalisNude.zip1.1 MiB
Arx Fatalis Nude Skins
Description: "This mod strips the human female characters. Credits: fuzzydodge."
- Arx Fatalis Nude Skinsarx_fatalis_nude.zip526.9 KiB